Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Why Grass is Green?


My mom used to take me for a walk in the park when I was a kid…I noticed a strange thing when we went to the park…she opened her slippers and started walking on the grass barefoot…I noticed some most beautiful things back then…it was her ankle bells they were beautiful…I wished I could have 2 of those one for me and one for Disha,oh I am sorry I forgot to introduce Disha(Disha was one of my neighbours,a beautiful girl who seemed another obvious reason for me to visit the park daily without fail,we had many things in common,she was a complan girl I was a complan boy you see)…
Later I enquired mom why did she surrendered her slippers before walking on the grass and she said it was good for the eyes and health and I told her I will do the same if you want will that allow me to  skip the glass of Complan I was forcefully fed before sleeping…
Then it happened one day…that day the grass was more beautiful than the other mornings…it was more greener it looked as if it was brand new…The drops of water on it the dew drops were no less than a diamond I must say…the sun was just perfect in timing as it magnified the beauty…
I popped the question again…
“Why is grass green mom?”She looked amazingly towards me
“What do you mean by why is it green…it is green because it is green”,she replied
“But why not it is red like apple or blue like the water why does it have to be only green?”
Mom evaluated the situation quickly and thought it was better to explain one question rather than answering why apple is red why hair are black why sun is yellow and so on and on…
So she replied “It is a kind of magic which God did to earth,it was green because he wanted it to be”
I was mesmerised by the fact,I started thinking God was so powerful,sitting out somewhere above us he was making the grass right here look green…He was so powerful…He could do anything if he could turn the grass to green…
14 years later..I am a so called adult now…I know the grass is green because of some weird pigment which is otherwise very useful(Read:Chlorophyll),but you see now I have got a very practical approach to everything and I know its not magic the beauty does not mesmerise me anymore…
I liked the previous reason more than anything else…Some questions are better left unanswered…whenever I see grass i have few things to recollect…my mom ankle bells…my childhood…the almighty ofcourse…the weird pigment and my complan girl… 

9 comments:

  1. Yeah..God is Great..He makes these things not commentable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you want me to write more as u requested on FB?

      Delete
  2. this is such a awsm piece of article... yes i too like da previous rsn more than anything i wish i cud bring those days back

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god amitesh..awesome..
    i donno..if its a recollection of memories..ur imaginative writing..or really wt u feel bout the real and practical answers of questions..whteva...i must say..ts beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fr d response...I may tell dat ds was d most amazing form of comment...u knw vn u called...nobody has ever called nd commented...dat ws amazing...Thanks nd keep commenting...I vl remember ds fr a long time...

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. innocence personified ....cheers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very true.... The moral was actually true... aur tere complain girl ke bare me bahut baat hai.......

    Ashmita

    ReplyDelete